Portia is pleased to announce it has joined Port Skills and Safety (PSS) one of the UK’s leading professional port health and safety membership organisations. PSS promotes the raising of health, safety and skills standards in ports and will provide accreditation to Portia when it delivers a range of training programmes.
Portia understand that training is fundamental to the growth and continuous development of every organisation. Our extensive experience across the international maritime sector has significantly developed our capabilities to deliver quality bespoke and engaging training packages.
Portia designs and delivers bespoke training courses across all aspects and levels of port and terminal management including the following;
- Port Operations (Supervisors, Planners, Equipment Operators & Stevedores)
- Marine Operations Services (Inc. but not limited to Pilots, Tug Masters & VTS)
- Health and Safety (IOSH Accredited Managing Safely in Ports)
- Maintenance Management (Planned, preventative maintenance and cost monitoring)
- Security (ISPS Code, EU Directive 2005/85 & ISO28000)
- Customs Systems (AEO & CTPAT)
- Strategic Port Management
Working alongside our international partners and partners in the U.K. Maritime Community such as Liverpool John Moores University, Fleetwood Nautical College and Peel Ports, these courses can be delivered at the client’s site, another location of choice, in the Port of Liverpool, UK or via remote digital links.