A Comprehensive Top-class Service
Portia Management Services (Portia) is based in Liverpool and was established in 1978. Portia is part of a group of port operating, consulting and investment companies, providing world-class management of port facilities. Its main activities are Management & Operations, Training and Advisory.
Portia is one of the world’s leading firms of port operators with wide-ranging experience in all port-related disciplines.
The combination of experienced experts with “hands-on” experience, linked to continuous operational developments, means that Portia can provide a comprehensive top-class service. It has made a positive contribution to the development of ports world-wide for more than 30 years, working either alone or in association with other organisations and has participated in a wide range of projects embracing all aspects of port work, either on its own or in association with other organisations.
Portia’s expertise includes:
- Port management
- Assessment of existing and new facilities
- Technical assistance and masterplans
- Organisation, manpower and administration
- Feasibility studies
- Port and marine operations
- Equipment engineering and maintenance
- Finance, marketing and economics
- Security, safety and environment
- Free trade zone development
- Management information systems
Portia is registered as a firm of Port Consultants with international agencies, including:
We also receive support from Trade Partners UK (UK Government).